Always a day late and a dollar short!
So I tried my very best to do a year in review blog for 2017 but I’m really sticking to this idea of creating only when I’m inspired and I really wasn’t inspired by that topic. I’ve talked about everything I went through last year A LOT! If you want to know what I did, follow me on social media (links below) or check out all my work. So instead, I come to you with reasons why this year, the year of our Lord 2018, will be my Cardi year!
We can all agree 2017 belong to Ms. Belcalis Almanzar. If you want to argue, argue wit ya mama. You couldn’t turn on the radio and not hear her voice! Sis currently has three songs in the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 chart, got engaged, sold out shows and a lot more ! I’m tryna get on my Cardi B!
No I’m not trying to be a stripper turned reality star turned rapper (but clearly that’s a viable route). But if you aren’t inspired by Cardi’s rise to fame and her humility then you might be without a pulse or pure evil.
2017 was hard no doubt but nothing worth having is going to come to you without a little struggle. I stayed vigilant. I stayed focused. And more importantly, I stayed prayed up. If I learned anything in 2017, I learned that while you ask God for better things in the future, you gotta thank Him twice as hard for where you currently are in life. My job was tough, money was tight, and my lease was coming to a close and cars were expensive. Naturally, I was worried but I told myself everyday that things will fall into place. And they did. My year ended with expanded career opportunities and a brand new car!
So with that energy from 2017, I’m making 2018 my Cardi year. I don’t want to say I’m setting New Year’s Resolutions because all the change I needed to make (some of it) was done in 2017. I laid the groundwork and now it’s time to act a fool!
In 2018 I plan to do the following:
1. Homeownership by 25: I know that sounds like a lot but trust me, I’m working on that. I got 8 months to get it done.
2. Be consistent with this blog: Okay, clearly I only churn out my best material when I feel like writing. That has left me with gaps in my content! Y’all will go months without hearing from me. So I got the remedy. I’ve started to plan ahead. I have blog topics planned out months in advance, I just have to write about it when I’m inspired. I threw some time sensitive ones in there to keep me on my toes though. So expect biweekly blogs in 2018.
3. SAVE SOME MONEY: I say this every year but I have gotten into a better rhythm about it. I’m going to give budgeting a real try. Putting a lot more away. 2018 is the year of “No Transferring Funds From Savings to Checking”. Can’t do it. Gotta achieve goal number 1.
4. Travel: I’m taking a solo trip and maybe a few other ones this year. I’m going to live Detroit for awhile because I need to make sure that my people are represented in this “Renaissance” but that doesn’t mean I can’t see the world. I still gotta be cultured. This goal is also very dependent on goal number 3.
5. Be honest: Cardi doesn’t hold her tongue for anybody and I think that’s what I like about her the most. All my life, I’ve been a people pleaser and it hasn’t yielded many positive results for me. So in 2018 and beyond, I’m telling people how I feel. Of course it will come with a slight filter but I can’t care more about someone else’s feelings more than I care about my own. I’m putting me first and anyone who doesn’t like it….well….
With Cardi as my spiritual animal guide, I’m throwing caution to the wind! 2017 was good but 2018 will be great!
The Nomadic Blogger is The Blog About Nothing. Created on the idea of networking and promotion through sisterhood, The Nomadic Blogger makes her home on the platforms of other established bloggers. Through guest blogging, The Nomadic Blogger hopes to spread her world views and messages while bringing attention to her #SisterBloggers. Follow #TheNomadicBlogger's journey on Facebook and Instagram.